Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Best Laid Plans Of… uh…. Me.

Last week I splurged and bout five pieces of fabric from Chez Ami.  I'm making TLo's summer wardrobe (in theory) and the first pair of capri leggings I made from some Chez Ami ribbing were so nice and sewed up so well that I just had to fill in her wardrobe gaps with some more.  But despite having a "normal" income again now that the Husband has you know, a job, I still couldn't really rationalize buying more than five pieces to complete the gaps.  So I had to really agonize over what I chose.

Here's what I got:

turquoise-ribbingturquoise ribbing

pink-ribbinghot pink ribbing

stripey-interlockstripey knit

floral-poplinfloral poplin

brown-interlockbrown interlock

 

All well and good.

 

Here's what was on the top of the pile of knits when I went to put the new fabric away:

DOHbrown interlock, again

 

I hate everything.

11 comments:

  1. Apparently you don't hate brown interlock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! the thing is, I really DO hate brown interlock... it's the fabric I feel I "have" to buy so as to fit some things into the STUPID UNIFORM POLICY so I don't have to sew so much.

    Apparently, I have this thought every time I buy fabric from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you.

    OH COME ON, my word verification is backoph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm laughing because I just did the EXACT. same. thing. Only with pink jersey. D'oh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown is a perfect good basic and TLo will need stuff made from brown interlock as long as she attends that school.

    So - while you are frustrated and not spending the 'budget' wisely - it was good investment. Now, step away from the 'puter and sew :) g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I've done this. I've also bought the same issue of a magazine twice. How idiotic is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do that sort of thing all the time. Just put one away and make them next year when she's outgrown the ones you make this year. Of course, I would forget and buy more next year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have EIGHT YARDS of gingerbread colored handdyed batik. Why? Why? Because I must have needed it for some vital project that I can't remember now. Was I making a TENT? Eight yards?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 4 different colors of hot pink jersey. And I never wear solids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. My mom would use it up in a New York minute. Me, I wear brown only with a gun to my head. gMarie's probably right, though... you can make lots of practical, school-approved stuff.

    My seven-year-old went to school today with her bellybutton hanging out. One of these days I'm going to get The Phone Call.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm been there, done that! You will find a way to use both pieces, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....