Monday, June 13, 2011

Eeni Meeni Chilli Beeni… The Spirits Are About To Speak.

 

big-button

Well, I finally found a use for that one giant button I had leftover. 

Probably this seems like no big deal to the casual observer.  But it was really bugging me having it sitting in my button box all lonely and pathetic looking.  Every time I came across it, it fairly cried out for someone to take pity on it and put it on something.  Like it had it’s own spirit or personality or something.  “Heeeeeelp me…. I neeeeed to beeee on a shiiiiiirt……”  I felt distinctly guilty every time I picked it up and put it back in the box.

Apparently TLo had a similar psychic attachment to it.  Yesterday the very first thing she said to my dad when she saw him was, “Look Granddad!  Mama put this big button on my shirt.  Look!  A big button!” 

Ok, then.

Perhaps the Great Button Spirit will rest in peace now.

TLo

TLo-2

16 comments:

  1. Super cute. I hate those lone buttons left after a project. I can never throw them away (lest my project lose a button, which happens fairly frequently), but they just linger taking up space.

    Which I guess is how button hoards form, really...

    Did I mention that's a cute top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this top - so fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Both the model and the shirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lone buttons in the button box!! They're fodder for future generations. ;)

    But...I gotta say it's perfect for this little top. Which I want 2 of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Thang is becoming quite the model! Single buttons drive me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The button was just waiting for the perfect garment to live on, and this is it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "eeni meeni chilli beeni" ? Is that what kids in Texas say?

    Glad the button haunting has ended and with such fine result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like that button was made for that adorable top. Nice job. Any sewing for you in the future? g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are they friendly spirits?

    Love the button and its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you needz to take some modeling lessons from miss tlo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top is adorable! And your sympathy for the button is astounding. I must be cold, indeed, since all my lone buttons sit in the box with hardly a tear from me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! And your daughter's poses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have favorite buttons from dresses and tops my mother made when I was a little girl. What a cute top and it would be really cute in Big Girl sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect use for the lone button! Love the match and summery, girly top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely perfect. The scale of the printed flowers on the lower part of the shirt make the HUGE flower button feel completely natural. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable. Love the pics of your little one! The button is perfect for this tunic.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....