Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sometimes It’s Just Love At First Sight.

And then it gets better.

These are my new shoes.

www.converse.com

Yes.  Meri Mekko fuchsia-and-red “Unikko" Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star low-tops.  With white or fuchsia laces.

The instant I saw them online, I knew that they would be mine.  Oh yes.  Mine.

 

And then they arrived in the mail.

In this.

MM-shoe-bag

 

I’m leaving instructions in my will that I want to be buried with these items when I die. 

When alien robot archeologists dig me up in 3000 years, they will decide I was a princess because I was buried with such splendid grave goods.

14 comments:

  1. The shoes... are truly awesome, but the bag? It's totally the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! There are no words for how fabulous those are! If I could have only one pair of shoes, they would be Converse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, ooooooh, ooooooh!!!!
    Want those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Unikko blue you have on your board in the background? I found a double duvet cover at my local thrift store with that print for *$1* I put it on the guest bed only for the best guests

    ReplyDelete
  5. (oops; got cut off there) ...only for the best guests because my rug rats spill things and throw up and pee on anything nice in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet!
    So is the bag actually made of cloth, your Highness?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It IS made of cloth. It's nice and durable too (It might even be the same cloth from the shoes)

    and yes, that's a chunk of Unikko blue on my bulletin board. It definitely cost more than $1 and I am TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, are they in the too good to be used category?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WANT. Seriously want. They would look amazing on my feet and as part of my Converse collection (I think I'm up to 7 pairs). Super pretty :) Do you think you'll ever wear them? Or just stare at them in a complete state of happiness????

    ReplyDelete
  10. SQUEEE!! That is some more awesome. You must be a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll just start worshiping you now for your incredible taste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just like the fact that you used the term "grave goods".

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watch the Discovery Channel a lot.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....