Thursday, April 5, 2012

Girlfriend, That Is SO Camp.

I’m on a sort of roll for making stuff for myself.  Here’s my next project. 

Turn this:

M2718_envelope

Into this:

Camp shirt into tunic.  Because despite my absolute loathing of camp shirts, I have a fitted camp shirt pattern.  And because this particular camp shirt pattern fits me perfectly.  And I mean, per.fect.ly.  Um.  Because Marta Alto fitted it for me.  That’s pretty much the only reason why.

But still.  Camp shirt.  Into tunic.  I can totally do it!  You just watch.

No.  Really.  I can.

Quit looking at me like that.

Seriously, don’t believe me?  This tunic is actually a camp shirt with gathers instead of darts.  Right?  Right.  Rotate the darts and convert them to gathers and add some width to the front and back bodice for flowiness, remove the collar and draft a facing instead, change the button placket to a center-seamed opening with ties, extend and add some flair to the sleeves… do some smocking…. 

Easy-peasy mac-and-cheesy.  As TLo says.

Quit looking at me like that.

8 comments:

  1. FAN*TAS*TIC idea. Starting with an already fitted garment is almost like having a fitted block. It's the best way to get what you want and know it'll fit. No faffing about! Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i need more coffee just to comprehend that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. I mean, a lot of work, but it sounds like it should work. :)

    Assuming you're one of those people who can handle smocking. I think I'll take up smocking sometime after I take up knitting, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TLo still cracks me up. I thought I got her hooked on Easy-peasy Japan-esey but she is a carb girls so...
    Cute shirt - nice sleeve length! Bahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sleeve length was a definite plus in considering the attempt of this project.

      Delete
  5. You know, I expect to see an actual shirt. This year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! wait now.... I never claimed I would produce an ACTUAL shirt....

      Delete

You know you want to say something....