Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fabulosity.

Edgy June Cleaver posted this video on Facebook a few months ago.  I believe at the time she called it “the gayest video ever”.  I’d say that’s probably pretty accurate.  It’s riotously OTT and sort of entertainingly all over the place in it’s references (and I mean, any song that rhymes “hoochie coochie” with “Susan Lucci” and then has a cameo of Susan Lucci in it… well, sign me up!  That’s just fabulous with a capital FAB).  And how amazing is Gloria looking these days??  Good grief.

While she’s not -much to her ongoing chagrin- allowed to watch the video, TLo is totally and completely enamored with the song and has to date (according to iTunes) played it 23 times on her iPod. 

She can sing the whole thing, of course.  That’s sort of entertainingly OTT in itself.

8 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard it before, but that's probably because I'm a boring suburban mother who only listens to CBC radio. and Henry Rollins.

    (BTW, why isn't she allowed to watch it? Is it because of the underwear dancing people? Maybe I've been in Quebec too long, but anything short of hard core pr0n is rated PG round these here parts. Violence is a different story.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she probably could really, but generally speaking the Monkeys are very sheltered. They didn't even get to watch tv shows with commercials in them until they were five and six. So only for the past two years. Well, three I guess. The Big One just turned nine! Wow. (She could watch it for sure but she's not interested.)

      Delete
    2. So what's with the Rocky Horror tie in??

      Henry Rollins. Good stuff. Just sayin.

      Delete
    3. I like anyone that listens to public radio AND Henry Rollins. I'm actually in a Henry Rollins spoken word concert recording. True story.

      Delete
  2. thanks for that! I like electroswing hadn't seen that!

    Lovin the chandalier as hat.

    So TLo can sing all the words - wot even the French?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. possibly I should have said "TLo will sing all the words.... after a fashion."

      Delete
  3. rocky horror meets miami beach...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that TLo's favorite music is Queens of The Stone Age and Gloria Esteffan. The kid is weird.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....