Friday, August 6, 2010

B.U.S.T.E.D.

TLo is causing all sorts of clothing problems at our house.   She is one solidly-packed little kid.   She is now up to a size 10/12 in width for RTW bottoms but a 5 for length.   Maybe.   Pain in the butt.

And speaking of butts… I started adding to her (sadly deficient) school uniform wardrobe.  Yep.   It's that time of year again, people.   I made a capri-length version of the Smoke On The Water Shorts (Ottobre 1/2009 #23 ), using a Dockers remnant that I got online.   I use the term “capri” loosely.

I added 1/2" to the entire width of each leg since the SOTW shorts were a bit snug at the hip.   What I should have done is add to the crotch length in the seat (or, in fact, just traced out the next size up-- doh!).   She could use some loose in her caboose.

Here is a back view:

TLo-Back

 

And here is the table view: Ottobre 1/2009 #23

 

And here is TLo re-enacting her favorite dance routine:

TLo-busted

A.K.A. "The Busted Song" from Phineas and Ferb.

5 comments:

  1. But, she's such a cute little trouble maker! Who could be mad at that face? My favorite P&F song is "Squirrels in my Pants". Let's see you sew something up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TLo seems like she'd be a riot!

    The khakis don't look too bad, but since she's a dancin' gal, she needs some room.

    I'm curious about the waistband label and the white tag thingy attached to the pocket. What gives?

    hoohoo, my word ver is "numbin"... clearly this is what is going on right now, post band practice with a glass of sake nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank goodness you can sew! The stork brought her to the right house.

    I think the pants look pretty good - a good basis to adjust for future pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute! She could use a little more room for moving that caboose, though. That looks like a great pattern though - perfect for a wardrobe of not-to-boring uniform pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sooooooo very cute! Full of great personality too! A surefire wonderful combination. The capris are fine. Kids do grow so fast, it's hard to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....