Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In The Year 2525

So I still haven’t been able to get any pattern fitting done.  It’s starting to get me down.  But with my husband going back to school, we’ve been sorting out our new routines.  Mine includes trying to do 2.5-3 miles on the new (to me) treadmill every night.  Since I walk-don’t-run, that’s an hour of time.  Which puts everything else out of whack re: sewing.

And then I’ve been running around like a nut at work lately, which is just exhausting.  You know how I said the construction industry was dead?  Well it is.  Except for these very lively sub-groups.  Here’s what’s being built:

1) Military Bases

2) Churches, mostly Baptist

3) Taco Bells

Here’s what’s not being built:

1) Houses

2) Anything else that requires private capital

I won’t comment on the pros or cons of this, because I don’t want to get into a political discussion.  But I will say that if this is glimpse of our future, apparently we are all going to live on military bases, go to church (provided we are Baptists) and eat only Taco Bell.  Remember that horrible Sylvester Stallone/Sandra Bullock/Wesley Snipes movie “Demolition Man”, where all food in the future is Taco Bell? 

Yeah.  Like that.  I expect to have a computerized car with auto-drive a.s.a.p.  We’ll just ignore the subterranean mole people.  Yo quero Taco Bell.

TacoBell.com

3 comments:

  1. And here, what I would do for a Taco Hell burrito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that was a thing I complained about all the time in New Zealand, especially when I was pregnant. It's probably a good thing they didn't have them there are I would have gained 400 pounds.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....