Friday, February 26, 2010

Luv… Twu Luv

I am totally and completely in love with Anna Sui.

OK, not with Anna Sui.  With her clothes.

Anna_Sui_Fall_2010

Here is the Fall 2010 collection.  It is perfect.  Perfect, I say.  In fact, I find it to be so perfect that now I'm a little worried that maybe Anna Sui has some sort of psychic powers, has been trolling my brain and has sucked out the subconscious images therein.

It could happen.

Anyway, whilst contemplating the nature of psychic vampire fashion designers, I realized that I love this collection because it feels so very much like something I would have drawn 15 years ago, if I was drawing it today.

Um.  That makes sense.  No really, it does.  What I mean is, 15 years ago I drew (as an example, in which I can’t spell) this:

tarot cards 1994 If I were to draw these cards today, I think it would look much like Anna Sui's vision regarding the use of patterns (i.e. richer and with significantly more depth).

Anna Sui - look 1Anna Sui - look 8 Anna Sui - look 17

It's like comfort food for my eyes.

Or I could be smokin' the crack myself this time.

Whatever.  I love Anna Sui.

5 comments:

  1. Love her, too. This was a great collection! And yet, I have nothing in my closet that looks like this. I'm a big fashion chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am utterly infatuated with these garments and the total look. How it might translate into something wearable for my age, shape, climate, lifestyle? Not sure yet, but want to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially love the colors she's using. I've always loved Anna Sui anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! If I weren't 40ish, overweight and in daily contact with two grubby children, I'd want to wear that sequin dress all the time! I love your blog, btw - most particularly for your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't love Anna Sui. She's already my fashion designer girlfriend. So there.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....