Thursday, February 18, 2010

You’re Hot Then You’re Cold. Maybe. Maybe Not.

Today TLo asked me to pleeeeease get her a new song for her iPod. 

"Which song did you want?"

"You know, the one on Kids Bop?"  This is already a bad, bad sign.  Kids Bop is quite possibly the most horrifying thing I have ever heard.  Ever.   The afterschool van driver seems to have a penchant for it which seriously points to a question about her stability.

"Weeell," I start, trying to temporize.  "I don't really think it's--"

"But it's on Kids Bop, Mom.  You know?  Kids?"  She gives me the evil eye.  "I looooove that song."

"Well, which song is--"

"You know!  'You change your mind like a, um, bird takes a, um.... ‘You're hot in your nose, you're in and about, you're up then, uh, mumble mumble...'   That one?"

"----"

"You know?"

"'You're hot in your nose?' Seriously?"

"Moooom...."

We will not be acquiring that particular song.

4 comments:

  1. TLo may be scarred for life to miss that little ditty in her iPod. You're *taking risks*, missy! :-P ROTFL! Betcha the bus driver favours it because it keeps the kids out of her hair while they divine the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh, I think we're on the same wavelength this week. My 6 yr old just gave me puppy eyes yesterday and asked for "that Lady Gaga song... Fine Romance". Um, it's "Bad Romance" and that answer is no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that I have trouble understanding the words in most of these songs! I had a horrifying incident with a song when I was teaching 6th grade. We were studying poetry. To get them interested I told them that their songs are just poetry put to music. I told them to write the lyrics to their favorite song. Now, I wasn't that naive, so I prefaced that by saying they weren't allowed to write one with lyrics that were even questionably ok. All but one adhered to my stipulations, the principal's grandson! He wrote a very nasty set of lyrics. Well, I was going around the room reading, aloud, all of their "poems"! When I got to his it was the same as another kid's. However, the difference was that the other kid had enough sense to stop before it got to the nasty part; and I mean Nasty with a capital "N". Well, it just so happened that his parents were coming in to talk to me about a grade he had made on a paper (0) that he never turned in. At the end of the meeting I handed them his "poem". Needless to say, dad became very red faced because of all the mean things he had said to me about his perfect child who would never do anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was going to be a Katy Perry song ...

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....