Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Smoke On The Water

Ha.  That has absolutely nothing to do with this post.  I just have that riff stuck in my head.    It’s seriously annoying.

Anyway, here’s a brief little post.  Seriously.  I’m just phonin’ it in today, people.  I have had a Bad Day.  I work with what are quite possibly the stupidest, laziest, annoyingist (it’s a word) people in the world.  Ever.

TLo has been begging for “jean shorts” (and no, Big In Japan, not “jorts” which yes, is totally eeeew). 

I finally broke down and made her, uh, some.  Sort of.  Ok, fine.  Technically they are made out of denim, so they are therefore “jeans shorts”.

Well.  Technically.  Strictly speaking.  If you squint your eyes…

Don’t judge me!!

1) Ottobre Design, issue 1/2009 #23.  For boys.

1-2009 #23

2) Bad denim (yes, that same bad denim from this post and this post).

shorts

3) Well, what do you expect for free?

front

side IMG_2420

Yeah.  This is what ‘free’ gets you.

Complete with tacky pocket detailing.

IMG_2415

 

 

And no, in case you are wondering: our doorknobs are not suddenly and spontaneously moldering.  We have… some doorknob issues.  And apparently at one time the entire interior of our house was painted pistachio green.  Yay.

10 comments:

  1. Free or not, TLo got what she asked for, so you should be happy too! I like the pocket style, and think you're a pretty great Mom.
    So, there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, CUTE!! I think you should make me some shorts. Just make them to fit you *theoretically* since I think our measurements are the same, but, you know, add some crotch & leg length for my amazingly long legs.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute, and it looks like TLo is happy, so I'd call it a success. I really love that pattern. Logan has at least 3 pairs of one variation or the other. Elastic waistbands are my friend...

    My word ver is "repasta" which sounds a bit ewwww. "I've been sick, so we had a repasta incident." Ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out cute! Such a lucky girl - she's a designer and has a personal factory to stitch up her ideas.

    I have some bad jean stuff in my stash that is much worse than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those are totally cute. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shorts are cute, kid is smiling, honour is satisfied! Now what are you making next for YOU? And WHY would someone paint a whole house pistachio?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Judy said - cute shorts and happy kid = win win.

    When we did renovations we discovered that the entire hallway had been painted a deep sky blue. Very intense. We haven't been game enough to strip back the wallpaper in the lounge yet to see if it went that far.
    And OT - my 9 yo impressed her teacher one day by playing the riff to Smoke on the Water on the ukelele... and now I've got it stuck in my head

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're not "jorts", TLo looks happy and you finished them before she decided she wants something completely different. Pass "go" and collect your 200 dollars.

    Big in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my 3rd attempt at leaving a comment so I'll just yell 'cute shorts!' and hope for the best this time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I like them too and the pocket detail. Turn off the internal critic, she is desperately overworked :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....