Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Am Wacky, Booooy.

 

I am SO SUPER PROUD OF MYSELF.

Out of the top five "Wackiest American Roadside Attractions", I've seen four.   Some of them multiple times.

I ROCK.

 

No, seriously.  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve seen the World’s Largest Ball of Twine.

 

Don’t ask.

I also can’t believe that the list doesn’t include the World’s Largest Prairie Chicken which is just a hop, skip and a jump away from that ball of twine.  I’ve seen that a fair number of times too.  Like about a bazillion.

 

It’s big.  It’s a prairie chicken.  ‘Nuff said.

 

I can’t get my flippin’ camera to work, so you get to read about the Top Ten Wackiest American Roadside Attractions (and my fabulous part therein) instead of seeing the cute new top I knocked off from Modcloth.  I’ll try to work on the camera tonight.  On a positive note, I did find my tripod.  Apparently my dad had it.  He claims it’s his but I’m pretty sure it’s mine. 

It’s mine now, at any rate.

7 comments:

  1. Weird, I always thought Kansas had claim to the worlds largest ball of twine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even be remotely surprised to learn that there is some sort of Ball Of Twine Rivalry. Would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's whacha get for laughing at my broken camera!! bwahahahaaaaaaaaa

    Seriously though, get it fixed, I'm hot to see this top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do Rock - actually.

    Carry on!

    I went out yesterday. I took my camera.

    I left the memory card at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so weird that you posted this because I'm off to Lucas Kansas next weekend (seriously) to revisit The Garden Of Eden. It's wicked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen one of them (Lucy the Elephant), but the ball o' twine is #1 on my bucket list! I drag my family to places like this for our blog. I think my kids may hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think much of the BBC's authority to decide the top 10 roadside attractions in America. No mention of the Cabazon Dinosaurs? Pshaw. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabazon_Dinosaurs They were in Pee Wee's Big Adventure, for heaven's sake.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....