Thursday, January 28, 2010

Assemblage

And now for something random.  Again.

Did you know that the New York Public Library Picture Collection is available online?  I did not!  I don't know why I never thought to look for it until this week, but I didn't.

The NYPL Picture Collection (located in lovely Midtown Manhattan, parking not available) used to be one of my go-to places to hide out for an hour or two when I was sort of bored or needed something to jump-start a new idea for a painting.  I mean, how can you not love a place where you walk in, say to the lady behind the counter "I'd like to see... um... frogs!" and she magically brings you a file folder full of, well, frogs?  Frog pictures, that is.  Awesomeness. 

That was a long time ago.  Now through the wonders of modern science, you can tell the magic library lady inside your computer to bring you pictures of frogs.  And she does!  Neato.

So here's an image that I found when I told the magic library lady in my computer to bring me "fashion".

Poiret-Winter-Coat Poiret Winter Coat illustration, 1913

Ooooo.  Pretty.  I want to dress like the Parisienne bohéme.  Don’t you?

1 comment:

You know you want to say something....