Thursday, March 8, 2012

I’ve Been To Oklahoma. But I Definitely Wasn’t Born There.

This is the BEST. SONG. EVER. WRITTEN.

It’s so good, that I actually couldn’t even decide what version to buy.  There’s the well-known Three Dog Night version (have it).  And then there’s the fabulous Ike and Tina version (have it).  Apparently my mom’s favorite local band (Big Loo) used to do a version that she’s actually been known to bribe them with hundred dollar bills to get them to play live (don’t have it). 

And then, of course, there is this:

(Have it.)

 

BEST. SONG. EVER.

(Fine.  I know I said “Kashmir” was the best song ever.  Um.  Whatever. It’s not.  Today.)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we are both our Mother's daughters. I play this on the jukebox at the Half Moon Saloon about twice a week. It is in fact the best.song.ever.written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls have such good taste! Obviously your mother's daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which, Mom, is frankly disturbing most of the time.

      Delete
  3. HOLY.SWIZZLESTICKS. I LOVE this version!!!! Ummm...yes. Yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....