Wednesday, April 7, 2010

100

 

100

So I just realized that I'm coming up to my 100th blog post.  In fact, this is it.   Hmmm... seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was mildly amazed to get to my 50th blog post.  No wait. It wasn’t that long ago.  Man, I really can talk.  (Psssht. Like this is a surprise to anyone who knows me.)

But is it important, this counting of the posts?  You got me.  It did start me thinking about "100".  So here's what you get when you Google "100" (disclaimer: these links will take you to outside websites, the which I have no affiliation with, control over or great knowledge of.  They may or may not have random advertising, annoying pictures, offensive text, etc. etc.).

#1   A Wikipedia entry on the number "100". 

Really? This is necessary? This just proves that literally anything can be in Wikipedia.

#2   The webpage for Hottern' Hell 100. 

Now this is interesting.  And a little disturbing.  Did this come up as #2 because the computer knows where I live?  Or is it just a coincidence?  I do not know.  Perhaps it’s a sign that I should actually volunteer this year instead of, you know, being annoyed at the inevitable extra, last minute work that this thing somehow always causes me. 

Nah. 

#3    Something called "The Living To 100 Life Expectancy Calculator". 

Yikes.  This is also interesting and a little disturbing.  I don't need to take this test to know that my life expectancy is probably not 100.  And do I really want it to be?  Unlikely.  Besides, this site is creepy and looks like the kind of thing that if you give them your information, they’ll never ever leave you alone.  (I don’t know this, I’m just saying it looks like that.)

 

I don't know.  Maybe 100 isn't that exciting after all.  Unless you count the 100 pieces of Easter candy The Big One ate this afternoon.  Or the 100 times I've said to myself tonight that next year we will not be having any holidays that involve the giving of or eating of sugar.  It's Halloween lima beans and Christmas turnips for everyone, baby.   You can all have 100.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to live to be 85. But I could live to 106! Did you notice what it said at the top of the Wiki page? I thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to congratulate you on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 100th. Lets see what you can dig up on the 150th :)
    I missed my 100th post I think, and my first blogiversary. Should I ever get to sew anything again I'll be up to 133. I think that's a nice number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100? Already?

    You realize your blogging exponentially increased after your Life on Mars dvds were all watched out, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh shut up. You KNOW John Simm loves me and you're just jealous.


    Hmmph.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....