Friday, April 23, 2010

Well... er. Weller.

 

Fact Number One:  We own The World's Largest Collection of Paul Weller CD's.

go to PaulWeller.com

Fact Number Two:  Peter Weller is the star of Buckaroo Banzai (a.k.a. The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension), which sits close to the top of My All-Time Favoritest Movies Ever list.

go to IMDB.com

Fact Number Three: I routinely get the two mixed up. 

Why do I mention this?  Not a clue.  Other than I was listening to Paul Weller in the car today on my way home for lunch and also happened to catch a clip of RoboCop in a commercial when I turned on the TV.  Coincidence?  Uh.  Yes.  But it amused me.

RoboCop

Did you know that Peter Weller (not Paul Weller) is some sort of professor of ancient Roman art or something?  The Husband and I watch a lot (a lot) of documentaries re: anything remotely related to the ancient Roman world (because the Husband is a Roman Geek and can't seem to stop himself).  Peter Weller (not Paul Weller) comes up rather-unusually-often as a commentator on these things.  It's a bit off-putting, to be honest.   I mean, RoboCop has so much to say about ancient Roman fishing vessels or whatever?  Wow.  He's a Renaissance Robot.

I keep trying to find out if Paul Weller (not Peter Weller) has a sideline as an astronomer or nuclear physicist or something.  Somehow I don't think so.  He can write a pretty mean song, though.  Here's a production clip of "Wild Wood". 

 

3 comments:

  1. Well I don't know Paul Weller, (only now what do you bet that I start calling Peter Paul?) but I have seen Peter Weller presenting documentaries. I figure that since he's used to performing he's more natural in front of the camera than most professors. Although I really enjoy Zahi Hawass - give me a presenter who is PASSIONATE about their field and I'll watch nearly anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL.... Zahi Hawass is a running joke in our house, because of his absolutely dictatorial views on Egyptology. But he is a very good lecturer/presenter, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for it's worth, Paul Weller is a big star in the UK... formerly of the Jam and then Style Council and then finally just himself. Not so big here in the States.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....