Monday, July 11, 2011

Rhymes with “Melusional”

This is the first page of my Pinterest “Clothes” board.  (I called it Clothes Pin 1… get it?  Clothes pin?  Comic genius, people.)

clohtes pin 1

I just randomly pin these things over months, so there’s not really any rhyme or reason to it.   But this page looks pretty nice, right? Like, you’d think the person who pinned this stuff was pretty stylish, right?

 

Yeah.  This was last month at the Taco Fiesta Birthday Party:

Birthday-taco-fiesta

You heard me. Taco Fiesta Birthday Party. It’s a thing.

 

There’s a name for that disorder where what you see in your head is totally different from what actually happens in reality, right? 

I don’t want to know what it is.  I’m just sayin’, there’s a name.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm. I like that word. "Me-lusion". My illusion of myself. It works.

    Don't worry, the wonderful thing about blogs is you can show us just the edited, illusory version of you ;). Except when it's funny, of course. Then, you know you'll spill the beans. :)

    A long time ago I came to the realization that the secret to being truly stylish was to have nothing in your wardrobe that wasn't. More recently, I realized that I totally don't have the willpower for that. I'm too attached to my comfy/practical/borings. /sigh.

    That is a nice pinterest board, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delusione is the Italian for Disappointment.

    I click The Dog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That red dress would be on my pinboard, if I had one.

    Comfort generally wins out over style for me, too. I like Taran's idea. Also, I've been trying to combine the two ideas lately. Really, you CAN have both. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress! And those cowboy boots!! There's a word for those up here, but I secretly want them anyway. In a cool turquoise blue version...

    I think I'll click horrifyingly dismal so it won't be lonely. baha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, there's no reason comfortable can't also be stylish. That's what I'm trying to do now.

    Even sweats can look good if you alter the fit, but of course this is only if you make your own. Here are some examples for everyday version of sweats: Vogue 8699, Vogue 8641!, Butterick 5651, New Look 6816, New Look 6922! All you need are some elastic waist pants and semi-fitted pullover tops in good prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pin board looks more subdued than your usual garment fabric selections.... something to consider? Those boots definitely belong at a Taco Fiesta Birthday Party though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a taco fiesta birthday party. I like tacos. And birthdays. And I LOVE those cowboy boots you pinned to your clothes pin 1 (brilliant name).

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....