Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some Honest Thanks.

Katie has given me the Honest Scrap award. Actually, she did this last week but I’m just a little slow in following through.

Honest_Scrap

“Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is and let the scraps fall where they will.”

Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.

2. Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

1. Thanks:

Katie at Kadiddlehopper nominated me for this award. She has more energy than any one person should have and gets an astonishing number of projects completed every month. Plus, they look good (because I suppose you could say my kids get astonishing numbers of "projects" completed every month too, but could you wear them?? Exactly.) Thanks Katie, for sharing all your wonderful work and for passing this award on to me.

2. I Hereby and Forthwith Nominate These People:

1) Everything Just Sew (Judy)

Judy designs gorgeous baby clothes. Plain and simple. I always love to see what she posts next.

2) The Stitchery (MaryBeth)

MaryBeth is a wise person who I don't speak with often enough. She also happens to make lovely clothes and she's extremely thoughtful about her work. Lucky for us, she shares her thoughts out loud.

3) Quality Time (Angie A.)

Angie is a happy person. I like that. She also makes clothes. Or at least, she discusses making clothes. She seems to actually create clothes about as often as I do. But she has very good ideas and really, isn't that what counts?

4) Is Sewing A Sport (The Other Judy)

Judy also makes cute kids' clothes and I like her attitude (she's another happy person... I like this in other people since I'm such a miserable pessimist myself).

5) The Slapdash Sewist

This is the girlie whose name I can't ever remember. I'm going to make up for that by saying she is really funny, very insightful and makes some cool stuff to boot. Plus, she is my new hero for giving me my new motto: "As long as you're not afraid to get cute clothes dirty, you can wear them every day." Awesomeness.

6) The Pink Place

I have no idea who this woman is, but she sure does make pretty things. She hasn't been blogging long, but everything she's posted has been lovely. Quality over quantity, I always say.

7) Location: Eurasian (Katharine)

Katharine is a great sewing buddy. She hasn't done lots of posting lately, but she has a darn good reason. I'm happy to see what she does post and hopeful that we'll be able to see lots more soon.

(There are so many many blogs out there and I know I only read a fraction of them. It’s really hard to pick just 7 blogs!)

10 Truthful Things About Moi:

1) I try to feel otherwise, but I don't really like dogs. Actually, I'm not discriminating against dogs per se. I don't really like domesticated animals of any kind. Except cats. And that's mostly because they persist in really liking me, which makes it seem uncharitable to dislike them in return. This Christmas, Santa is bringing The Big One a cat. I have some serious qualms about what this will do to my fabric stash.

2) I have a small problem with collecting and, rather more importantly, never using fabric. I do try to control this addiction, however. Mostly because I'm poor. Wait. Is that two truthful things?

3) I'm pretty poor. According to the government statistics on poorness. However, I think I'm really quite well-off in the scheme of things, so this just proves that government statistics can be very misleading. Don't believe everything the Man tells you, man!

4) My parents were hippies. Sort of. Enough that I'm lucky my name isn't Starflower or Nirvana or something. Not that Nirvana is a bad name. I used to know a lovely woman with that name. Of course, she was Indian. Which makes much more sense than calling some Irish kid from North Dakota “Nirvana”.

5) I think I'm smarter than most people in any given room. Actually, technically speaking I am smarter than most people in any given room, unless the room happens to be full of nuclear physicists. However, I'm not as smart as I like to think I am.

6) Being smart has gotten me absolutely nothing in this world. Unless you count a sense of smugness about being smart. Which is pretty much useless and almost never pays the rent or makes you popular.

7) I have hardly any friends. I doubt this has anything to do with #5 or #6. No, really. I don't think it does.

8) I think sarcasm is really entertaining.

9) I wish I had more time in the day to do all the things I want to do. Actually, I just wish I wasn't so lazy. But not enough to become less lazy. It's easier to wish for more time.

10) I hate washing dishes.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me! I am very flattered, and would like to think that being first on your list somehow makes me most important. No? Oh well, it was an honour being nominated.

    Your 10 honest things make me think that if we lived closer, we'd be friends in the real world. (If you don't mind hanging out with mere Clothing and Textiles graduates, not just nuclear physicists. But at least you still get to feel smart!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I'm not sure we could be allowed in the same room. Too bad, because I'm with Judy - I think you'd be a great IRL friend! If Texas wasn't so darn big... Nuclear physicists are definitely out, though! I actually know a few nuclear physicists, and they really aren't that much smarter than me, which leads me to believe that they probably aren't particularly smarter than you. Smart girls of the world, unite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! That is really sweet. It's always interesting to read non-sewing-related tidbits about people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!!! Nope, you called it perfect!! I talk about projects a heck of a lot more than I create!! Thanks for the mention girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Beangirl! Don't know about this wise stuff tho. It's nice to get to know you better anyway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for winning! Thanks for nominating me. You are smart, Kristine. Now keep those tee shirts for Abigail cranking out, she needs some for winter (mentioned by email, not in the blog, if any other readers is confused).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks beangirl for your kind nomination.
    Merry Christmas,

    Meg

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....