Friday, May 7, 2010

In Which I Basically Just Shop and Complain

So there I was, pretending to work while in fact I was adding some new images to my wardrobe slideshow (yes, despite having completed not one item for my wardrobe in the past 12 months) when I came across this top from C.enneV… as provided by our favoritest crack-smokers, the good fashion ladies at MyShape.com.

go to MyShape.com

It immediately reminded me of... something.  Except that I can't figure out what.  I would swear up and down that I saw this identical tie treatment on a recent pattern in BurdaStyle, except that I can't find it online anywhere.

c.ennev. detail

Did I dream this up?  I don't get any other women's pattern magazines and I haven't looked at store patterns for months and months.  So where else could I have seen it?

The closest I’ve come up with is this knit dress from BurdaStyle May/2010 in the plus section:

go to BurdaFashion.com

(And while we're here, can I just say once again- in case you didn't catch it the first ten times- if this is "plus" sized, I so want to be plus sized.  Good grief.)

go to BurdaFashion.com

Hmmph.  This is going to drive me crazy.  Especially since, after compulsively spending all my spare internet time trying to figure out where I saw that treatment, I then won't make the top anyway.  It's only likely to make me look like I'm seven months pregnant (the fact that I look like I'm seven months pregnant regardless of what I wear is something that I will steadfastly ignore).

So what it all boils down to is: I like the detail on this top.

I also like these shoes. 

go to JCPenney.com

Even if they do only come in lilac, lemon and black.  They're on sale half price (supposedly) at JCPenney, so I'm going there tonight to see if I can find a pair.  And then to see if they might, by some shoe miracle, be comfortable enough to wear to work.

We can only hope.  A woman can't have only one single pair of sandals for the whole entire summer, people!  It's inhumane. 

Huh.  Is there a patron saint of shoes?

 

Edit: I found it.  I knew I’d find it once I had the actual magazine in front of me (because I also knew, of course, that I’m not crazy… despite what people may say.  Here it is, BurdaStyle 4/2010 #122.  The waistline is different but the concept is the same.  Whew.  I feel better.  Now I can dedicate my OCD to some other topic.  Also: BAHHAHHA to “Saint Bunion”.

go to BurdaFashion.com IMAGE_5

4 comments:

  1. B5348 has that waistline treatment, but is otherwise completely different. It acme to mind as soon as I saw that picture though.

    Adorable shoes. I love them in lilac! There should be a patron saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. Now I'm going to be obsessed with finding it. Because yes, I think it was BS. baha! You KWIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you can become obsessed with something like finding this pattern that you knew you had seen. I really like that treatment. Plus size BAAHOOEYY! They don't know what plus size is!

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....