Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In Which I Maybe Did Not Miss My Calling

Hypothesis:

I can draft patterns.

Prediction:

This will result in highly attractive and well-fitting garments, plus provide hours of entertainment.

Experiment:

Sleeveless Tunic #1, Basic Body Block (Revised): Pattern

sleeveless-tunic-#1-pattern

 

Sleeveless Tunic #1, Basic Body Block (Revised): Garment

sleeveless-tunic-#1-redrafted-front

 

Sleeveless Tunic #1, Basic Body Block (Revised): Photo

warning

Sleeveless Dress #2, Basic Body Block (Revised): Pattern

--forgot to take photo--

 

Sleeveless Dress #2, Basic Body Block (Revised): Garment

--forgot to take that photo too--

 

Sleeveless Dress #2, Basic Body Block (Revised): Front

front-of-sleeveless-dress-#2

 

Sleeveless Dress #2, Basic Body Block (Revised): Back

back-of-sleeveless-dress-#2

Conclusion:

I am not very good at generating hypotheses.  It’s probably good that I didn’t go into molecular biology after all.  I think they sort of expect you to be able to do that type of thing.

 

PS.   Angie A, The Other Kristine, Judy and BigInJapan: thank you for the birthday wishes!  xox

5 comments:

  1. That first one looks really cute on the hanger! The other one looks really cute on TLo. I think your hypothesis just requires a corollary of: after some adjusting and muslin-ing. Which makes you like the rest of us. Except way cooler than me for even attempting it.

    And Happy Birthday!! Not sure how I missed that microscopic line about it in your last post. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that's your kid? She looks sort, I don't know, HAPPY. :P

    The dress is freaking CUTE!

    The world of molecular biology would have kicked you out anyway because of your dad-blamed slowness. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what exactly is wrong with the stripey one? It looks great to me! Fit on the second one looks really nice, so I hope you're happy with that one. I'd have to agree with the corollary on your hypothesis - you don't think the garmetns I show are my first attempts do you?! Oh, and it's all fun, truly.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something....